Baggy Wrinkles

Baggy Wrinkles
S/V Nautica, Hull #614, Built at Whitby Boatworks Ltd., Ontario, Canada 1977, one of the most recognizeable Carl Alberg designs. A masthead sloop displacing 9000 lbs, keel hull, Yanmar 15 hp diesel, LOA 30.27 Beam 8.75, Draft 4.29, roller furling headsail, tiller, berths for 4, interior teak bulkheads, teak cap rail and cockpit teak coamings, 12 volt lighting, aluminum mast support, Harken self tailing winches, in its day was designed for customers as a Cruiser-Racer, the Alberg 30 remains a Classic design of the large Alberg inventory.

Pageviews since BaggyWrinkles started:

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Winter seems long to me right now.  Even longer since I'm on the road for a bit in Maryland.  I truly sympathize with my fellow sailors who've had to store away their sailboats for the Winter.  I guess I'd have to resort to the last images before I put away my dory for the winter as a stipend to carry me through these arctic blasts now hitting the USA.

I'd forgotten how cold real cold weather is.  I'm watching the temperatures dip below 20 degrees Fahrenheit and it is really cold!  And even more so since the south had high temps all the way through New Year.  Today the temps are more seasonal down south with a bitter cold now laid in.  Here are a few photos that remind me that winter might be just a bit more bearable if we remember a few weeks back.

After a sail and ready for haul out.
Hanks contrast against the late winter sun.
Lined up for launch, taking care of details.

Cover rolled and ready for removal before launch.

Warm winter sunlight is warmer than nothing at this point.  Hopefully these photos will help some of my fellow sailors warm up during this winter solstice.