Baggy Wrinkles

Baggy Wrinkles
S/V Nautica, Hull #614, Built at Whitby Boatworks Ltd., Ontario, Canada 1977, one of the most recognizeable Carl Alberg designs. A masthead sloop displacing 9000 lbs, keel hull, Yanmar 15 hp diesel, LOA 30.27 Beam 8.75, Draft 4.29, roller furling headsail, tiller, berths for 4, interior teak bulkheads, teak cap rail and cockpit teak coamings, 12 volt lighting, aluminum mast support, Harken self tailing winches, in its day was designed for customers as a Cruiser-Racer, the Alberg 30 remains a Classic design of the large Alberg inventory.

Pageviews since BaggyWrinkles started:

Monday, January 13, 2014

5,000 Page Views!

So 5,000 page views on the 40th Posting!  Wow.  Never thought more than a few people would care about a Cape Dory website.  Now, 5,000 page views.  And, from all over the world.  It's amazing that people in the Russian Federation, in Australia, in the northernmost Canadian outposts, and in other diverse and interesting locations, are reading about BaggyWrinkles.

Perhaps it is my writing style, such elan, such pretension, suspense, or wit.  Or maybe it's not any of those, perhaps it is my brilliant photography and sense of timing.  Well, maybe not those either.  Maybe it is simply the story of a Cape Dory, and the uniqueness of a sailboat which seems to defy time itself.

And then I wonder whether it may not be that readers like my friends.  Here is my friend sailing the Cape Dory with ease on a summer day:


As you can see, he's got his eyes on the mainsail and his easy tiller grip assures us that we're going to be just fine.

Or, maybe the website appeals because of my great first-mate and her expertise at the tiller:


After all, she's gorgeous, and with a smile like that, I'm sure lurkers will download that photo!  Look how she holds onto the starboard winch, and the nails, the nails!

Well, if these were not enough, it's probably that I've had two of my grandchildren aboard the BaggyWrinkles and they loved it, even though one only trailer sailed it!

But last of all, it's me, your humble author.  I thought that the Cape Dory Typhoon was such a remarkable sailboat that I purchased one and brought her home over a year ago now.  I've owned larger boats than this.  But as I say, I downsized from a 47' Beneteau to an 18.5' Cape Dory and never looked back.

Hope that you'll share this site with your friends and follow the journey.  It's only begun.