Baggy Wrinkles

Baggy Wrinkles
S/V Nautica, Hull #614, Built at Whitby Boatworks Ltd., Ontario, Canada 1977, one of the most recognizeable Carl Alberg designs. A masthead sloop displacing 9000 lbs, keel hull, Yanmar 15 hp diesel, LOA 30.27 Beam 8.75, Draft 4.29, roller furling headsail, tiller, berths for 4, interior teak bulkheads, teak cap rail and cockpit teak coamings, 12 volt lighting, aluminum mast support, Harken self tailing winches, in its day was designed for customers as a Cruiser-Racer, the Alberg 30 remains a Classic design of the large Alberg inventory.

Pageviews since BaggyWrinkles started:

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Getting good information can be a challenge.  Even in this digital world, it can be frustrating to try to find "legacy" information on something.  By legacy, I mean information about something particular which may not be on the internet but may still exist somewhere offline.  And thus, perhaps undiscoverable, but pertinent, leftover, lost.  Using search engines often becomes time consuming and mind-numbing.  So much information pours through our internet browsers that sometimes I find myself closing the browser because I lose interest in searching. 

And as it comes to the Cape Dory, I sometimes happen upon articles that I can never find again and I wish I'd have saved it somewhere.  So, for the readers of this blog, I will insert these from time to time because they really are good descriptions of the vessel or contain information in a precise and efficient manner to help one understand and appreciate the classic vessel, the Cape Dory.

Look at this article from 2008 found online:  http://www.sailingmagazine.net/boats/6-used-boat-notebook/534-cape-dory-typhoon-

Enjoy